The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
Progress Report: Osceola County School District Making Progress, But Not Yet Eligible For the State’s Seal of Best Financial Management, Report No. 04-45, July 2004
Full report in PDF formatBest Financial Management Practices Reviews by School Districts
- On December 17, 2002, the Osceola County School Board voted to implement the action plans in the Best Financial Management Practices Review (OPPAGA Report No. 02-45) published in July 2002. OPPAGA developed these action plans to help the Osceola
- Since July 2002, the district has fully implemented 16 and partially implemented 46 of the 64 action plans contained in the original OPPAGA report. Thus, while the district has made progress on 97% (62 of 64) of the action plans, it currently is no
- OPPAGA will again review the implementation status of action plans based on the district’s next status report.
What were our earlier findings?
Report No. 02-45 Best Financial Management Practices Review of the Osceola County School District, published in August 2002.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Public Schools (K-12 Education)
School Improvement, Assessment, and Accountability
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 05-43 Progress Report: Osceola County School District Making Progress, But Not Yet Eligible for the State’s Seal of Best Financial Management, published in August 2005.
- Report No. 04-32 Information Brief: Some School Districts Can Take Steps to Reduce Their Food Service Costs and Ensure Self-Sufficiency, published in May 2004.
- Report No. 04-26 Information Brief: With Effective Planning, Accountability, and Oversight, School Districts Can Successfully Outsource Services, published in March 2004.
- Report No. 04-10 Information Brief: School Districts Can Take Steps to Substantially Reduce Their Transportation Costs, published in February 2004.
- Report No. 03-62 Information Brief: School Districts Can Take Steps to Reduce Facility Operating Costs Through Conservation, Productivity, published in November 2003.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports  |  Home