The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
Department of Children and Families' Child Protective Investigation Administrative Review Process, Report No. 99-20, December 1999
Full report in PDF format
- The Department of Children and Families has implemented an administrative review process as required by the Kayla McKean Act. The department is using its supervisory review component of the protective investigation process to serve as the administrative review. However, it is too soon to determine if this process provides sufficient oversight. In addition, the department has worked with OPPAGA staff to develop a research and data collection design to analyze the effects of this process. This research design will use data from two information systems. However, one of these information systems will not be fully implemented until January 2000. OPPAGA will issue another report in January 2001 that will provide the Legislature with information on the outcomes of the administrative review process.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 02-65 Progress Report: The Department Still Lacks Data Needed to Assess the Child Safety Administrative Review Process, published in December 2002.
- Report No. 02-16 Progress Report of Justification Review: Child Protection Program, Department of Children and Families, published in March 2002.
- Report No. 01-38 Program Review: Legislature Should Establish Foster Care Excess Federal Earnings Program Despite Slow Start, published in August 2001.
- Report No. 01-14 Justification Review: Child Protection Program, published in March 2001.
- Report No. 01-06 Performance Review: Client Characteristics and Outcomes Are Similar for Both Administrative and Judicial Review of Child Abuse Cases, published in February 2001.
- Report No. 98-26 Subjects of Child Protective Investigations: Survey Results and Case Characteristics, published in December 1998.
- Report No. 97-69 Review of the Effect of Child Protective Investigations on Families, published in April 1998
- Report No. 96-44 Evaluation of Child Welfare Legal Services Pilot Projects, published in January 1997.
- Report No. 12223 Performance Audit of the Emergency Shelter Program, published in January 1994.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports  |  Home