The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
PB2 Performance Report for the Toll Operations Program, Report No. 98-57, February 1999
Full report in PDF format
- PB² data indicate that the Toll Operations Program’s workload (number of tolls collected) has increased and the program has effectively contained its costs to collect toll revenues.
- Although current PB² measures indicate generally good operational efficiency, additional measures are needed to inform stakeholders of the program's ability to generate revenue, limit wait times, and measure user satisfaction.
- The Toll Operations Program's accountability system meets OPPAGA’s expectations in three of four key areas (program purpose or goals, data reliability, and reporting of information and its use by management). However, the program needs to improve its performance measures. Measures assessing the program's revenue generating ability and customer satisfaction would improve accountability and enable decision-makers to better assess performance.
- We provided a draft copy of our report to the Secretary of the Department of Transportation, who concurred with our recommendations, but with some exceptions. In some cases we made changes to address the department's concerns.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Florida's Turnpike Enterprise
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 99-29 Justification Review of the Highway Construction and Engineering and Transportation System Maintenance Programs, published in January 2000
- Report No. 99-08 Justification Review of the Toll Operations Program, published in September 1999
- Report No. 98-86 Justification Review of the Motor Carrier Compliance Program, published in June 1999
- Report No. 98-60 Florida Department of Transportation's Programs' Performance for Fiscal Year 1997-98, published in February 1999
- Report No. 98-59 Transportation System Maintenance Program, published in February 1999
- Report No. 98-58 Highway Construction and Engineering Program, published in February 1999
- Report No. 98-56 Right-of-Way Acquisition Program, published in February 1999
- Report No. 98-55 Public Transportation Program, published in February 1999
- Report No. 98-54 Motor Carrier Compliance Program, published in February 1999
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: email@example.com
Reports  |  Home