The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
Review of the International Trade and Economic Development Board of Enterprise Florida, Inc., Report No. 98-44, January 1999
Full report in PDF format
- The Legislature should continue to fund the International Trade and Economic Development Board's programs and activities.
- The board reported that its international trade programs exceeded its standards for Fiscal Year 1997-98, but it expects deteriorating economic conditions in Latin America and Asia to limit its ability to match these results in Fiscal Year 1998-99.
- The board also reported that it exceeded its standards for creating jobs in targeted industries, but most of these results occurred in urban areas where the board's direct assistance may be less necessary. The board has not implemented significant strategies for enhancing economic development in rural areas and distressed urban areas.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Enterprise Florida, Inc.
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 01-62 Program Review: Concerns Over Enterprise Florida’s Performance, Services to Distressed Areas Point to a Need to Consider Several Alternatives for Its Future Role, published in December 2001.
- Report No. 98-33 Review of The Enterprise Florida, Inc. Capital Development Board's Cypress Equity Fund, published in December 1998.
- Report No. 98-32 Review of the Capital Development Board of Enterprise Florida, Inc., published in December 1998.
- Report No. 98-31 Review of Private Sector Matching Contributions to Enterprise Florida, Inc., published in December 1998.
- Report No. 98-30 Review of the Technology Development Board of Enterprise Florida, Inc., published in December 1998.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports  |  Home