The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
Review of Private Sector Matching Contributions to Enterprise Florida, Inc., Report No. 98-31, December 1998
Full report in PDF format
- Enterprise Florida, Inc., reported that it met statutory requirements for obtaining private sector matching contributions for Fiscal Years 1996-97 and 1997-98. However, OPPAGA concluded that some reported contributions did not fit the statutory definition of private sector matching. If the amounts we questioned were excluded, Enterprise Florida, Inc., would have failed to meet pre-conditions for receiving $112,788 in general revenue funds for Fiscal Year 1997-98.
- Two reasons why Enterprise Florida, Inc., did not meet matching requirements are its practice of avoiding fund-raising competition with local economic development organizations and the reduction in the number of previous contributors because of mergers.
- The requirement that Enterprise Florida, Inc., increase private sector matching contributions is appropriate, but the Legislature may want to reduce specific requirements by lowering the statutory percentage of state funds to be matched.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Enterprise Florida Inc.
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 01-62 Program Review: Concerns Over Enterprise Florida’s Performance, Services to Distressed Areas Point to a Need to Consider Several Alternatives for Its Future Role, published in December 2001.
- Report No. 98-44 Review of the International Trade and Economic Development Board of Enterprise Florida, Inc., published in January 1999.
- Report No. 98-33 Review of The Enterprise Florida, Inc. Capital Development Board's Cypress Equity Fund, published in December 1998.
- Report No. 98-32 Review of the Capital Development Board of Enterprise Florida, Inc., published in December 1998.
- Report No. 98-30 Review of the Technology Development Board of Enterprise Florida, Inc., published in December 1998.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports  |  Home