The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
Review of the Technology Development Board of Enterprise Florida, Inc., Report No. 98-30, December 1998
Full report in PDF format
- The Innovation and Commercialization Centers created by the board exceeded their performance standards in Fiscal Year 1997-98. Although the centers report making progress toward becoming financially self-sufficient, the lack of seed capital limits their ability to help commercialize more technologies.
- The board’s Florida Manufacturing Technology Center Program reported that its performance exceeded its standards. However, these reported outcomes are based on client expectations rather than actual results. The program also needs to improve communication with local economic development organizations.
- Given these positive results, the Legislature should consider continuing to fund the Innovation and Commercialization Centers and the Florida Manufacturing Technology.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Enterprise Florida Inc.
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 02-59 Special Review: Statutes Authorizing Technology Commercialization and Development Initiatives Should Be Re-Enacted, November 2002.
- Report No. 01-62 Program Review: Concerns Over Enterprise Florida’s Performance, Services to Distressed Areas Point to a Need to Consider Several Alternatives for Its Future Role, published in December 2001.
- Report No. 98-44 Review of the International Trade and Economic Development Board of Enterprise Florida, Inc., published in January 1999.
- Report No. 98-33 Review of The Enterprise Florida, Inc. Capital Development Board's Cypress Equity Fund, published in December 1998.
- Report No. 98-32 Review of the Capital Development Board of Enterprise Florida, Inc., published in December 1998.
- Report No. 98-31 Review of Private Sector Matching Contributions to Enterprise Florida, Inc., published in December 1998.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports  |  Home