The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
Review of the 1997 Actuarial Valuation of the Florida Retirement System, Report No. 97-66, March 1998
Full report in PDF format
- The Florida Retirement System's (FRS) 1997 actuarial valuation recommended reasonable contribution rates. (Page 2, column 2.)
- The valuation was made in accordance with relevant laws, rules, and actuarial standards. (Page 2, column 2.)
- Our consulting actuary noted several concerns regarding the 1997 valuation: it used a salary increase rate assumption that differs from the type used by most large pension systems and it did not provide detailed information needed to assess the effect of some factors on system liabilities. (Page 3, column 1.)
- Significant progress has been made in improving the system's funding status. (Page 3, column 1.)
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Florida Retirement System
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 99-50 Program Review: The Florida Retirement System Continues to Be Fully Funded; Unfunded Liability Eliminated, published in May 2000.
- Report No. 12275 Performance Audit of the 1993 Actuarial Valuation of the Florida Retirement System, published in April 1994.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports  |  Home