The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
A Review of the Implementation of Blueprint 2000: A Mid-Year Review, 1993-94 , Report No. 94-08, October 1994
- Several factors affected the participation of stakeholders in the implementation of Blueprint 2000 at the school level. These factors include the frequency, length, time and location of SAC meetings as well as the composition of the SAC. Additionally, the procedures used to select SAC members, the role of the SAC, the time SAC members have to perform their duties, and SAC members' training impact the ability of SAC members to assist in the implementation of Blueprint 2000. The combination of these factors effect whether the SAC is able to meet the Legislature's intent of involving stakeholders in the process of school improvement.
- The mid-year reviews may not be meeting the intent of the State Board of Education in providing security that school boards are monitoring implementation of their school improvement plans. Most of the mid-year reviews conducted at the schools we visited did not meet the requirements established in the Blueprint 2000 Transition System document. In addition, the extent to which results of the mid-year review were shared with school board members, parents and school communities varied. Unless stakeholders are provided with status reports on the implementation of the school improvement plans, they will have insufficient information to determine individual school accountability for Blueprint 2000 progress.
- Report No. 97-70 Follow-up Report on the Review of the Implementation and Impact of Blueprint 2000 Administered by the Department of Education, published in April 1998.
- Report No.95-54 Supplementary Report on the Implementation and Impact of Blueprint 2000 in Five School Districts and Nineteen Schools Evaluated, published in April 1996.
- Report No. 95-53 The Implementation and Impact of Blueprint 2000 Administered by the Department of Education, published in April 1996.
- Report No. 94-09 Blueprint 2000 Detailed Background Report on Five School Districts and Twenty- two Schools Evaluated, published in October 1994.
- Report No. 12246 Technical Report of the Implementation of a System of School Improvement and Accountability (BLUEPRINT 2000) by Five Selected School Districts, published in February 1994.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: email@example.com
Reports  |  Home