The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
The Florida Growth Fund Added Investments in 2010, but It Is Still Too Early to Assess Total Economic Impact, Report No. 10-60, December 2010
Full report in PDF format
As of November 2010, Florida Growth Fund managers had invested $73 million in seven Florida-based technology and growth companies and four private equity funds that invest in such companies. These investments represent 29% of the fund’s total $250 million in assets. Although some of these companies report creating jobs, it is too early to assess the total economic benefits to the state provided by these investments.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
State Board of Administration of Florida
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 15-05 FRS Pension Plan Investment Returns Are Similar to Other Public Pension Funds; SBA Continues to Increase Alternative Investments,published in March 2015.
- Report No. 14-11 Florida Growth Fund Investments Continue to Add Jobs and Provide Distributions to the FRS,published in December 2014.
- Report No. 13-11 Florida Growth Fund Investments Add Jobs and Result in Distributions to the Retirement Fund,published in December 2013.
- Report No. 13-05 FRS Pension Plan Investment Returns Are Similar to Those of Other States; SBA Is Increasing Alternative Investments,published in February 2013.
- Report No. 13-01 Florida Growth Fund Investments Have Increased and Recipients Report Employment Growth and Expanded Business Activities,published in January 2013.
- Report No. 11-26 Florida Growth Fund Investments Increase; Additional Data Needed to Estimate Economic Benefit,published in December 2011.
- Report No. 11-10 Compared to Other States, the Pension Plan Is Better Funded, Incurs Lower Investment Fees, and Has Fewer Trustees; Investment Returns Are Average,published in February 2011.
- Report No. 09-45 SBA Has Implemented the Florida Growth Fund; Economic Impact of Investments May Not Be Apparent for Several Years,published in December 2009.
- Report No. 08-72 Economically Targeted Investment Program Under Development,published in December 2008.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports  |  Home