The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
Clerk and Court State Funded Court-Related 2009-10 Fiscal Year Budget Information, Report No. 10-11A, January 2010
Full report in PDF format
- Chapters 2009-61 and 2009-204, Laws of Florida, directed OPPAGA to describe in detail the base budgets for each of the clerks and for the state courts system. As directed, we consulted with the Auditor General in this effort.
- The Auditor General derived budget information for the clerks from documents submitted to the Clerks of Court Operations Corporation for the nine-month period, October 1, 2009, through June 30, 2010, and annualizing this number by increasing it approximately 33% to represent the best approximation possible of the 12-month budget appropriated by the Legislature for the 2009-10 state fiscal year. This was necessary because the clerks’ budget process shifted to require annual Legislative appropriation on the state’s fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) in the midst of an existing county fiscal year (October 1 to September 30) after budgets had already been established under the previous funding methodology. These annualized budgets were then allocated to the four core service areas using the 2010-11 fiscal year percentages. Use of the 2010-11 fiscal year percentages was necessary because the 2009-10 fiscal year budgets were not apportioned by the clerks among the four core service areas.
- Budget information for the state courts system was derived from its Legislative Budget Request for the 2009-10 state fiscal year.
- Due to cost considerations, this information is provided only as an electronic document.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
State Courts System
District Courts of Appeal
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 10-11 Little Duplication in Court-Related Services;
Clerk/Court Cooperation Should Be Improved,published in January 2010.
- Report No. 09-06 Judicial Case Management Practices Vary Throughout State; Better Case Data Needed,published in January 2009.
- Report No. 07-21 Clerks of Court Generally Are Meeting the System’s Collections Performance Standards,published in March 2007.
- Report No. 04-07 Court Fine and Fee Collections Can Increase,published in January 2004.
- Report No. 03-24 Lack of Uniform Definitions Complicates Funding Article V Based on the Number of Cases Worked,published in March 2003.
- Report No. 01-54 Many Article V Trial Courts Funding Issues Still Need to Be Resolved,published in November 2001.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports  |  Home