The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
SBA Has Implemented the Florida Growth Fund; Economic Impact of Investments May Not Be Apparent for Several Years, Report No. 09-45, December 2009
Full report in PDF format
- The State Board of Administration has implemented its authority to invest in Florida-based technology and growth companies and businesses that have a significant presence in the state. In June 2009, the board created the $250 million Florida Growth Fund and selected Hamilton Lane to manage fund investments.
- As of December 2009, Florida Growth Fund managers had invested $26.5 million in two technology and growth companies and one private equity fund that invest in such companies. It is too early to assess the economic benefits of these investments, which may not be realized for several years.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
State Board of Administration of Florida
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 16-08 Florida Growth Fund Investments Have Provided Over $200 Million in Distributions to the FRS; Fund Managers Continue to Seek New Investment Opportunities,published in December 2016.
- Report No. 16-06 Over the Long-term, Major SBA Fund Returns Exceeded Market-Based Investment Benchmarks; FRS Pension Fund Multi-Year Performance Similar to Other States.,published in November 2016.
- Report No. 15-14 Florida Growth Fund Expands and Diversifies Investments,published in December 2015.
- Report No. 15-05 FRS Pension Plan Investment Returns Are Similar to Other Public Pension Funds; SBA Continues to Increase Alternative Investments,published in March 2015.
- Report No. 14-11 Florida Growth Fund Investments Continue to Add Jobs and Provide Distributions to the FRS,published in December 2014.
- Report No. 13-11 Florida Growth Fund Investments Add Jobs and Result in Distributions to the Retirement Fund,published in December 2013.
- Report No. 13-05 FRS Pension Plan Investment Returns Are Similar to Those of Other States; SBA Is Increasing Alternative Investments,published in February 2013.
- Report No. 13-01 Florida Growth Fund Investments Have Increased and Recipients Report Employment Growth and Expanded Business Activities,published in January 2013.
- Report No. 11-26 Florida Growth Fund Investments Increase; Additional Data Needed to Estimate Economic Benefit,published in December 2011.
- Report No. 11-10 Compared to Other States, the Pension Plan Is Better Funded, Incurs Lower Investment Fees, and Has Fewer Trustees; Investment Returns Are Average,published in February 2011.
- Report No. 10-60 The Florida Growth Fund Added Investments in 2010, but It Is Still Too Early to Assess Total Economic Impact,published in December 2010.
- Report No. 08-72 Economically Targeted Investment Program Under Development,published in December 2008.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: email@example.com
Reports  |  Home