The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
No Changes Are Necessary to the State’s Organization of School Nutrition Programs, Report No. 09-03, January 2009
Full report in PDF formatBest Financial Management Practices Reviews by School DistrictsThe Best Financial Management Practices
Florida’s current organizational structure that divides school nutrition program functions between two state agencies is reasonable and has several advantages. The Department of Education is taking steps to resolve customer service issues reported by school districts.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Public Schools (K-12 Education)
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 09-05 Providing a Free Breakfast to All Public School Students Would Be Costly for Most School Districts, published in February 2009.
- Report No. 09-04 School Districts’ Food Service Programs Generally Are Not Financially Self-Sufficient, published in February 2009.
- Report No. 09-02 Best Practices Could Help School Districts Reduce Their Food Service Program Costs,published in September 2009.
- Report No. 08-67 State Food Safety Programs Should Improve Performance and Financial Self-Sufficiency,published in December 2008.
- Report No. 04-32 Some School Districts Can Take Steps to Reduce Their Food Service Costs and Ensure Self-Sufficiency,published in May 2004.
- Report No. 04-26 With Effective Planning, Accountability, and Oversight, School Districts Can Successfully Outsource Services,published in March 2004.
- Report No. 04-10 School Districts Can Take Steps to Substantially Reduce Their Transportation Costs,published in February 2004.
- Report No. 03-62 School Districts Can Take Steps to Reduce Facility Operating Costs Through Conservation, Productivity,published in November 2003.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports  |  Home