The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
Department of Elder Affairs Resumes Transition Activities for Aging Resource Center Initiative, Report No. 07-20, March 2007
Full report in PDF format
- After a year delay, the department resumed Aging Resource Center transition activities in December 2006. The department has developed a framework for a revised transition process, and in February 2007 it contracted with the eight area agencies that were not pilot sites. The department contracted with each area agency for approximately $200,000 to begin transition activities.
- The department is still developing details for how it will monitor and evaluate the transition, and it needs to release guidance documents that will be essential to the area agencies. In February 2007, the department decided not to conduct its planned evaluation of the three pilot sites.
- The department made significant progress in promulgating the Aging Resource Center rule since our last report. Due to deficiencies in the current Aging Resource Center information and referral system, the department has decided to replace the system. To successfully move forward and implement Aging Resource Centers statewide, the department has several challenges to address.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Department of Elder Affairs
Mental Health Services
Medicaid Long-Term Care Waivers
State-Funded Home and Community-Based Services
Older Americans Act Programs
Community Care for the Elderly
Medicaid Aged and Disabled Adult Waiver
Nursing Home Pre-Admission Screening (CARES)
Volunteer and Community Initiatives
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 09-15 Transition to Aging Resource Centers Complete; Enhancement of Elder Service System Continues,published in March 2009.
- Report No. 08-51 All But One Aging Resource Center Is Fully Implemented, published in September 2008.
- Report No. 08-14 Statewide Implementation of Aging Resource Center Initiative Is Substantially Complete, published in March 2008.
- Report No. 07-38 An Aggressive Schedule Set to Complete Implementation of Aging Resource Centers, published in September 2007.
- Report No. 06-62 Aging Resource Center Initiative Has Not Moved Beyond the Pilot Sites, published in September 2006.
- Report No. 06-20 Aging and Disability Pilot Sites Are Making Progress; Future of Other Centers Uncertain, published in March 2006.
- Report No. 05-45 OPPAGA Report: Aging Resource Center Initiative Is Moving Ahead, But Needs Additional Work, published in August 2005.
- Report No. 05-06 DOEA Has Taken Reasonable Steps to Begin the Aging Resource Center Initiative, published in February 2005.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: email@example.com
Reports  |  Home