The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
Alternative Fee Options Exist for the Public Employees Relations Commission, Report No. 02-66, December 2002
Full report in PDF format
Total revenue for the Public Employees Relations Commission consists of $3.4 million with all but $53,648 provided by state general revenue. Although funding PERC with general revenue is a reasonable use of these funds, the Legislature may wish to consider options for using assessments or fees from entities creating PERC caseload.
- Local government employer fees could generate $1.7 million annually and recover PERC costs of providing this service, but would be difficult to administer.
- State government employer fees could generate $1.6 million annually, of which half would be from trust funds.
- Petitioner filing fees could help encourage settlement and discourage frivolous petitions, and would provide an estimated $84,000 annually.
- Increased union registration fees could help recover an estimated $35,000 of PERC annual costs to register unions.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Public Employees Relations Commission
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 02-70 Special Examination: Division of Administrative Hearings Method of Assessing Fees Needs Significant Revision, published in December 2002.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: email@example.com
Reports  |  Home