The 2001 Legislature directed that OPPAGA conduct a Best Financial Management Practices Review of the Osceola County School District. In accordance with Florida law, OPPAGA and Auditor General staff assessed the performance of the district in 13 managerial and operational areas. This review found that the district was using 79% (169 of 214) of the best practices. OPPAGA made the final determination on the district's use of best practices based on information in the final report. If the review recommendations are implemented, the Osceola County School District could experience a positive fiscal impact of $5.6 million over five years. The district could attain the Seal of Best Financial Management in two years if it implements report action plans.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Public Schools (K-12 Education)
School Improvement, Assessment, and Accountability
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 05-43 Progress Report: Osceola County School District Making Progress, But Not Yet Eligible for the State’s Seal of Best Financial Management, published in August 2005.
- Report No. 04-45 Progress Report: Osceola County School District Making Progress, But Not Yet Eligible For the State’s Seal of Best Financial Management, published in July 2004.
- Report No. 04-32 Information Brief: Some School Districts Can Take Steps to Reduce Their Food Service Costs and Ensure Self-Sufficiency, published in May 2004.
- Report No. 04-26 Information Brief: With Effective Planning, Accountability, and Oversight, School Districts Can Successfully Outsource Services, published in March 2004.
- Report No. 04-10 Information Brief: School Districts Can Take Steps to Substantially Reduce Their Transportation Costs, published in February 2004.
- Report No. 03-62 Information Brief: School Districts Can Take Steps to Reduce Facility Operating Costs Through Conservation, Productivity, published in November 2003.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: email@example.com