The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
Progress Report of Justification Review: Child Protection Program, Department of Children and Families, Report No. 02-16, March 2002
Full report in PDF format
What were our earlier findings?
Report No. 01-14 Justification Review: Child Protection Program, published in March 2001.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Department of Children and Families
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 06-50 Child Welfare System Performance Mixed in First Year of Statewide Community-Based Care, published in June 2006.
- Report No. 06-05 Additional Improvements Are Needed as DCF Redesigns Its Lead Agency Oversight Systems, published in January 2006.
- Report No. 04-67 Progress Report: DCF Implements Recommendations, But Some Delays Still Occurring in Residential Mental Health Assessment Process, published in September 2004.
- Report No. 04-65 OPPAGA Report: DCF Improves Readiness Assessment Process; However, Additional Changes Are Needed, published in September 2004.
- Report No. 04-55 Progress Report: Children’s Advocacy Centers Authorized to Receive State Funds, But Need Additional Accountability, published in August 2004.
- Report No. 04-15 Special Report: DCF’s Lead Agency Readiness Assessment Process Meets Statutory Requirements, But Needs Strengthening, published in February 2004.
- Report No. 04-03 Special Report: DCF Needs to Improve Child Protection Staff Training and Clarify DCF and Lead Agency Roles, published in January 2004.
- Report No. 03-09 Progress Report: Child Protection Program Makes Needed Changes But Lacks Data for Evaluating Results of Initiatives, published in January 2003.
- Report No. 03-03 Special Review: Residential Mental Health Assessment Process Working Well with Minor Delays, published in January 2003.
- Report No. 02-65 Progress Report: The Department Still Lacks Data Needed to Assess the Child Safety Administrative Review Process, published in December 2002.
- Report No. 02-44 Special Review: Children’s Advocacy Centers Appear Beneficial But Have Limited Accountability, published in August 2002.
- Report No. 01-38 Program Review: Legislature Should Establish Foster Care Excess Federal Earnings Program Despite Slow Start, published in August 2001.
- Report No. 01-06 Performance Review: Client Characteristics and Outcomes Are Similar for Both Administrative and Judicial Review of Child Abuse Cases, published in February 2001.
- Report No. 99-20 Status Report: Department of Children and Families’ Child Protective Investigation Administrative Review Process, published in December 1999.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports  |  Home