The Florida Legislature
Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability
Progress Report: Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission Has Implemented OPPAGA's Recommendations, Report No. 01-43, September 2001
Full report in PDF format
The Legislature and the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission have taken steps to implement the recommendations in our 1999 report. 1/ The Legislature passed Ch. 2001‑299, Laws of Florida, which created the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission as an independent special district. The commission has
- negotiated an inter-local agreement with the Hillsborough Board of County Commissioners and the office of the clerk of the circuit court to clarify its role as an independent special district;
- monitored the effectiveness of the county's regulatory system and promoted studies to improve the regulatory process; and
- directed hearing officers to limit the introduction of irrelevant, immaterial, or unduly repetitious evidence during application hearings.
1/ Review of the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission, OPPAGA Report No. 99-12, November 1999.
What were our earlier findings?
Report No. 99-12 Review of the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission, published in November 1999.
Which Government Program Summaries contain related information?
Housing and Community Development
What other OPPAGA-related materials are available?
- Report No. 97-60 Review of Privatization Potential of Select Special Districts, published in March 1998.
- Report No. 95-22 Review of Independent Special Districts That Provide Infrastructure and Services to the Public, published in December 1995.
Copies of this report in print or
alternate accessible format may be obtained by telephone (850/488-0021), by FAX (850/487-9213), in person, or by mail (OPPAGA Report
Production, Claude Pepper Building, Room 312, 111 W. Madison St., Tallahassee,
e-mail address: email@example.com
Reports  |  Home